Brian Vagnoni on 30 May 2008 12:32:42 -0700

Re: [PLUG] the assistant that goes PING

From: jeff [mailto:jeffv@op.net]
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List [mailto:plug@lists.phillylinux.org]
Sent: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:24:11 -0400
Subject: [PLUG] the assistant that goes PING

So I'm at the dentist yesterday. Very nice folks, to a one.
The tech who started `operating' on me introduced herself as Ping.

I was all set to take off on a rash of ping references but it seemed
like they would fail miserably.

In fact, one could say that there was *extremely* high latency, not to
mention more than one dropout. Many packets lost. Some of the packets
that weren't lost did not process correctly. They flew over the head of
the CPU.

[I just figured this part of my visit was relevant to the topic]
Generally when people have sharp pointy objects in my mouth I'm short on humor. Especially making jokes about the persons name who is in control of said sharp pointy objects :-).

Brian Vagnoni
PGP Digital Fingerprint
F076 6EEE 06E5 BEEF EBBD BD36 F29E 850D FC32 3955