Kyle R. Burton on 3 Jun 2008 15:35:32 -0700

[PLUG] Python....

My company is going to be adopting a product that makes heavy use of
Jython.  As a perk for our development team members we're looking at
giving them the option of company sponsored training or going to a
conference.

I saw that there was already a PyCon in Chicago earlier this year -
are there any conferences or events coming up in the near future?
Domestic is better than international (well Canada is possibly in
budget, but I don't know about extra-North America)...

I also just saw that OScon is coming up next month which includes a
lot of tracks that would be valuable to us...does anyone have any
suggestions?

Alternatively (or in addition really), is there an active local Python
user's group?  Would anyone on this list be willing to give an
introductory talk on Python, techniques, libraries, etc?

Thanks,

Kyle