Mag Gam on 7 Jun 2008 06:09:07 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Mirrored drives with LVM

hey Jim

thanks for the reply.

My setup is very different from the OP. I was just intrigued by his LVM write up. I suppose I should start a new thread :-)

I have 12disk (500GB) disk array. I would like to setup 2 (or 3 or 4)  RAID 5 volumes via controller. Once I setup the volumes, I will create PVs out of them using LVM. The LVs  create I plan on using striping and put ext3 fs. My question is, what would be the optimal setup for performance? Redudancy is important but would like to get good performace because we are planning to do scientific computing for the summer at my University...