Josh Goldstein on 12 Jun 2008 16:49:52 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Good practices to restart tomcat

Restarting every day? Is that as ridiculous as I think it is?

----- Original Message ----
From: Tharun Kumar Allu <tharun.allu@gmail.com>
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:30:46 PM
Subject: [PLUG] Good practices to restart tomcat

I was just wondering what people do regarding restarting tomcat to reclaim memory or unreferenced context.
Here in our production environment it was setup to restart every day but I think every day is not required maybe every month or even more. But if any one here in the list has experience what could possibly go wrong if we do not restart the application for a long time and what is a good time interval for restarting tomcat servers?

Thanks

--
Tharun Kumar Allu