Stephen Gran on 16 Jun 2008 15:36:47 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Domain name from Host name

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 03:23:43PM -0400, Michael Greb said:
> Determining the domain name from a given host name is exceedingly
> simple for .com, .edu, .org.  It's not that bad for .uk domains
> either, .ac.uk, co.uk, etc, as long as you know that these are
> different.  Is any one aware of an all inclusive and kept up to date
> list of the second level "top level" domains?
>
> I've found <http://spamcheck.freeapp.net/two-level-tlds> which would
> be perfect but the site says the data is no longer being kept up to
> date.

That's a good a list as is there is at present - that's roughly the list
spamassasin and others use, for instance.  Fortunately, there are not a
large number of tlds being added every day, so it's mostly good enough
for now.
|  Stephen Gran                  | <mdorman> I'm a gnus person myself.     |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | It's an editor!  It's a floorwax!       |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | It's a dessert topping!                 |