Marty O'Brien on 17 Jun 2008 11:55:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Firefox 3 Download Day

Yes! I love FireFox 3, but I NEED (not really but I really strongly WANT) the Google Browser Sync plugin's capability (to sync my bookmarks, passwords, etc. between my multiple Linux, Windows, USB key, etc. installations). Unfortunately, I don't think Google is working on an update to browser sync, nor are they remotely likely to release the source under an open license.

I will wait until there is a definite plan for this plugin (either to update or discontinue it) before I throw myself into FF3.

That said, I have used FireFox 3 since beta 3 in test and think it is wonderful, so I am quite torn.

--Marty O'Brien