Glenn Kelley on 29 Jun 2008 19:44:19 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Adaptec 3805 w/ CentOS

Hello

My apologies for not loading up the logs - sadly I am not in front of
the system @ the moment - I know that stinks...
RedHat (Well CentOS) found the controller on its own - according to
what I have read - this is how things should work w/ that card...

Due to timing - I am hoping I can meet up w/ someone and get help
installing this stinker -
I am due on a flight 6AM on Tuesday - so having the time to play w/
this sadly is not in the cards  (so to speak)

I can pay someone if it helps get this done.

I tried the manual driver as well - however had issues getting the old
floppy I have to recognize...
2U SuperMicro system and no on board floppy - go figure.

Thinking a purchase for a usb one  - might help
If I can meet up w/ someone tomorrow - that would help a ton...
Its most likely just a user error issue.

:-(

Glenn