Claude M. Schrader on 10 Jul 2008 20:29:38 -0700

Re: [PLUG] DNS ... cache poisoning [big deal]

On 21:09 Thu 10 Jul     , K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
> [KSB] Are the Wifi routers that so many of us have at home vulnerable
> to DNS cache poisoning?  Thanx in advance.
>
> Regards
> -- Bhaskar

I looked into this earlier today - the DD-WRT firmware for the hackable
routers is not vulnerable by default, because it is not configured to be a caching
nameserver, it only forwards. If your router actually caches, it probably
is vulnerable. Most important is upgrading any DNS servers, then your
clients. OpenDNS servers are already fixed, so if your ISP's servers have
not been patched yet, you may want to use OpenDNS for the time being.
Claude