JP Vossen on 17 Jul 2008 15:03:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] VMware in Ubuntu repos?

> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:29:00 -0400
> From: brent timothy saner <brent.saner@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [PLUG] VMware in Ubuntu repos?
>
> JP Vossen wrote:
>
>> <me whining about VMware Server being a PITA snipped>
>
> or just use virtualbox...

Yes, I'm coming to that conclusion.  At this point I have a lot of
inertia built up with VMware since I've been using it for a while.  I
also have a large library of VMware VMs with extensive snapshot trees in
VMware Workstation 5.x.  It's very handy to be able to create an
unlinked clone of any given VM/snapshot and just go in VMware Server on
another machine.

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VBox_vs_Others is quite interesting though...

This is partly why I'd love to see a preso/demo at PLUG N or W.  One of
these days I'll come up with a list of features and use cases and ask
the Ubuntu VBox OSE users on the list for comments.  Though I've
downloaded the latest manual and will read it tonight...

Later,
JP