Brian Vagnoni on 21 Jul 2008 16:50:52 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: IPhones and H.O.P.E

The con just ended yesterday and I didn't have any luck yet finding videos. The IPhone was mentioned in passing by many concerned citizens as a real problem. The device itself is not evil it's what Google and other corporations in the name of commerce are doing with all the data they get from these and all the other devices that are tied to the internet.

In addition the OLPC was also mentioned as a device that frequently uploads information about user activity.

CNET Article on Steven RamBam from Pallorium Investigative

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-9995207-83.html

Hear is a talk he gave in 2006. Obviously the IPhone wasn't out there yet.

Look for the newest one from the The Last HOPE to be added.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-383709537384528624&q=steven+rambam&ei=AyCFSIqEE5GErgKjl-1g

Brian Vagnoni
PGP Digital Fingerprint
F076 6EEE 06E5 BEEF EBBD  BD36 F29E 850D FC32 3955