Joe Terranova on 1 Sep 2008 18:19:13 -0700

Re: [PLUG] top posting

> I use gmail to access my mailing lists and people always complain that
> I 'top post'. I am not sure how to avoid it. Is it a client issue or
> something else? I would like to fix this on my end if possible.

I'm a little late in replying, but if you want to bottom post
automatically, you can use the Firefox extension Better Gmail 2:

If you install it, Go To Tools -> Add-Ons, and click preferences for
Better Gmail 2. Then, go to the Compose tab, check "Bottom Post In
Reply", hit OK, and then refresh your gmail. From now on the post
you're replying to will be at the top, and your cursor will start at
the bottom. As others have suggested, however, I also trim out the
original message to only include what I'm replying to.