Art Alexion on 22 Sep 2008 09:55:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: Gmail weird lately... or is it just me?

On Monday 22 September 2008 12:30:18 pm Michael Leone wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I get my email via IMAP rarely vistiting the site.  Lately, new mail
> > seems to be skipping the inbox and going straight to All Mail.  Anybody
> > else notice this?
>
> Huh. No, I haven't seen that on my Google Apps mail. I do read via web
> interface during the day (like now, when I should be doing my paid job
>
> :-)), but do use the IMAP interface at night, from home, using
>
> Thunderbird. But I don't think I've noticed any mail missing. Then
> again, I never go poking into the "ALL MAIL" ...

Here's how it shows up for me.

I filter most of the stuff I can predict using labels.  If a message gets the
label PLUG, it appears in the IMAP PLUG folder.  Because these are "virtual"
folders, the same message can be in more than one folder.  So, assuming that
I am subscribed to PLUG with my verizon.net address, 5 new messages from the
PLUG list should appear in (1) the PLUG folder, (2) in the verizon.net
folder, (3) in the Inbox, and (4) in All Mail.

This is the way it mostly used to work, but lately they haven't been appearing
in Inbox.  This really screws up POP clients that only retrieve from Inbox.

Anybody else seeing this?