Brian Vagnoni on 28 Sep 2008 17:19:24 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Need Advice on Cloning A Disk Drive

As far as cloning your drive I wouldn't try and
do everything at once. Not 100% on this.

1. Clone drive
2. Resize and or add Partitions
3. Change Filesystem

I'm pretty sure rescue mode will allow you to
clone. Though I'm speaking of Opensuse. If not
any of the FOSS Rescue disk tools/distro's should
do what you want.

Systems Rescue CD or any of the Forensic Linux Distro's
like Penguin Sleuth and or Helix should work.

Also, what makes you think just because a lead developer
gives up their work in an OSS project that other people
won't pickup the slack? Provided of course said project
is merits picking up.

Just curious, and hope that helps.