Art Alexion on 7 Oct 2008 10:57:23 -0700

[PLUG] LVM issues

I had my root system set up on an LV and the motherboard went bad.
Symptoms were such that I tried to reinstall grub and trashed it.
Replacement motherboard.  Everything working fine, except I can't get
grub working on the LVM drive.

I installed Kubuntu 8.04 on another drive and that boots fine, and I can
mount the LV.  I tried reinstalling grub to the LV and though it
reported that it worked a boot just goes to "GRUB" on the screen, not a
prompt, just the word, "GRUB" with nothing happening.

The LV had a Kubuntu 8.04 system just the way I wanted it.  With the
exception of the new system drive, all hardware is identical.  I don't
want to rebuild it manually on the new drive.  what is the best strategy
for doing this?