Alex Launi on 23 Oct 2008 11:39:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] git vs. bzr

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Toby DiPasquale <toby@cbcg.net> wrote:
git has the same functionality with git-svn and it works very well.

Yes it does. I didn't say that git does not do this. It does, equally as well.

This statement quickly becomes patently false once you've seen GitHub.

GitHub is great, ok. So how does that make my statement false? I've used github, I prefer launchpad. 'by far the greatest bug tracker/project management tool out there' is quite clearly an opinion statement. A lot of folks will agree with me, many will agree with you. Neither are false, or true for that matter.

So now my question is why are git users so defensive of their dvcs?

--
--Alex Launi