Isaac Bennetch on 1 Dec 2008 15:42:24 -0800

Re: [PLUG] RSS readers and Googling locally

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:13 PM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
>  > Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:59:29 -0500
>  > From: jeff <jeffv@op.net>

>  > The second item on our hit parade is a device/appliance/software to
>  > crawl the corporate intranet and provide a Google-like service.

> * http://www.htdig.org/ ht://Dig (web-based HTML and text only)

I second JP's ht://dig suggestion; I'm in the same place of having
done a bit of research but no implementation, but at the time this led
my list. Obviously it may not apply if you desire more than the
html/text search, but for all I know this could have been solved with
plugins since I researched it.

Hope this helps and I too would be interested in hearing your ultimate decision.