jeff on 2 Dec 2008 09:04:49 -0800

[PLUG] RSS reader/Google

Thanks to the people who answered my requests.

In reference to Google reader, you definitely fulfilled all the criteria
I specified.  Unfortunately I don't like online apps - it's a thing of
mine.

I checked into a couple of linux RSS readers last night and will do some
more research as time allows.  There doesn't appear to be a whole lot
out there similar to what I'd like.  I'm not able to make one myself so
that's out.  Not many in Akregator's neighborhood either, which isn't
promising.

Also checked the one I used to use.  It's RSS Bandit.  I was all set to
try it under Wine when I noticed it wanted .NET installed first.  Too
much work.

Thanks for the suggestions!

As for the Google appliance question, I appreciate those suggestions
also and will review as time allows.  JP - the list was exhaustive and
as you put it, I'm just not into rolling my own.  I prefer linux/OS but
if it's going to need babysitting, screw it - let them pay for something
that doesn't.

Gracias.
Keep those cards and letters coming.

ThermionicEmissions  -  the blog