Casey Bralla on 1 Jan 2009 17:11:41 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Paint an HTML in the "Background"?

Thansk for your suggstion, Josh.    This system is how my internal music
player system displays what song is playing.  The graphics are large images
of the album covers.

Right now, the python cgi-bin script dynamically creates the page on the fly.
This means that if I have several computers monitoring the web page, each one
gets a custom-generated page.

Thinking about your suggestion, however, makes me realize I could have a cron
job updating a semi-static page, and then have the web server present the
same page to whichever browser is connected.   And, I could use your idea of
building a temporary HTML file, and then renaming it to the desired web page
name once the generation has completed.

--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence