Art Alexion on 10 Jan 2009 12:41:23 -0800

Re: [PLUG] [Definitely OT] BlackBerry Administrator List

On Saturday 10 January 2009 14:43:22 Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
> On Saturday 10 January 2009, Art Alexion wrote:
> > My shop is in the process of switching from Treo to BlackBerry.  I am the
> > BESAdmin.  Can anyone recommend a good list for Blackberry
> > administrators?
>
> No, but I can say that using a BB on Linux can be a torturous exercise.
>  Using barry and opensync, I've only managed to make duplicate addressbook
> entries for every contact on *BOTH* BB and desktop.
>
> %!PS: Hmm, "On-Topic" is also "OT"...

Yeah, I'm keeping my Palm Centro for personal stuff.  Syncs with gnome-pilot
evolution really well.  You can also sync work-related exchange data with it.

But for work BB and BES is probably going to save me a lot of trips to the
desktops.  I configured 5 users in less than 90 seconds, and that was the
first time I used it.  One user already had a problem, and I was able to push
a reconfiguration out to him with one mouse click.