JP Vossen on 12 Jan 2009 12:30:25 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT: Manage Your (Windows) Computer Tweakomatically

> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 17:00:18 -0500
> From: Fred Stluka <fred@bristle.com>
> Subject: Re: [PLUG] OT: Manage Your (Windows) Computer Tweakomatically
 >
> Warning!  A few years back, in the height of the browser wars, when
> Microsoft was doing anything it could to beat Netscape as the leading
> browser, I made the mistake of installing TweakUI.  Never again!

Sorry to hear that.  I've installed TweakUI on every Windows computer
I've been forced to use for at least this decade, and never had a
problem I can attribute to it.  YMMV I guess...

As you say, all it does is tweak the Registry.  But that makes me think
of the old joke for the invoice for $50,000.50 from the retired employee:
	$0.50	hammer spot
	$50,000	Knowing what spot to hammer on

If you or anyone would like to continue this thread, I'm happy to, but
please move it over to the PANTUG list where it is more on-topic.

Thanks,
JP