JP Vossen on 12 Jan 2009 22:19:30 -0800

[PLUG] Dell Inspiron 530s w/ Ubuntu

We were talking about these at dinner after PLUG N and I forgot one of
the issues.

I just got 2 Dell Inspiron 530 desktop with factory Ubuntu 8.04, so far
so good with two quibbles.

1) They are not using LVM, so you can't do snapshots for backups.  (Even
if they had LVM they would use up the entire disk, else people would
complain about it.  But if LVM is there you can probably shrink
something and free up space for snapshots.  I'm pretty sure LVM can't be
added non-destructively.)

2) They had hundreds of language pack files installed, and since this is