Art Alexion on 27 Jan 2009 10:10:55 -0800

Re: [PLUG] W: Duplicate sources.list entry

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 9:20:03 am Chad Waters wrote:
> From:
> Chad Waters <chad@chadwaters.com>
>   To:
> "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List"
> <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> Date:
> Today 9:20:03 am
>

> > I finally remembered to check /etc/apt/source.list.d, and there it was:
> > medibuntu.list.  I'm not quite sure how that got there, since AFAICT
> > it's not owned by any package and I don't remember putting it there.
> > But I deleted it and now the error is gone.
>
> You probably added it by following the Medibuntu docs:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu#Adding%20the%20Repositories
>
> I don't understand that approach... its a one-liner in
> /etc/apt/sources.list Why make it overly complicated?
>
> "deb http://packages.medibuntu.org/ intrepid free non-free"

I think it is an easier way to automate it for people who don't edit text
configurations.

I have found that it not only may cause the problem that JP encountered, but
it causes the repo to be disabled when you use do-release-upgrade from the
command line.  (at least it did Gutsy->Hardy and Hardy->Intretpid)