edmond rodriguez on 3 Feb 2009 10:29:17 -0800

Re: [PLUG] FiOS & Linu

I saw another posting that said Fios people come with their own machine, so I guess that solves the "running software problem".   I guess I'm saying if a provider only supports OSX and Windows, you might get lucky and get support, but you might not get support.

Sorry if my post is out of Context (I am not talking about FIOS.  Like I said earlier, I never asked Verizon if they offer Linux support for DSL, but my experience with the technician seemed to indicate it was not supported since they use your machine.  In the case of Fios, it seems different.  I had a tremendous problem trying to coordinate time with the technicians to begin with.  To ask for Linux knowledge may have made things even more difficult.

Guess it has to do with knowledge, patience, risk, persistance, and weiging the risk factors and time considerations (if any) to insisting on Linux.