Lee Marzke on 23 Feb 2009 07:37:06 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Caught in the local net

Matthew,

You didn't mention which VPN,  I assume your using  OpenVPN ?

VPN's generally have settings for pushing IP's DNS,  and or routes to
the client.

You really need to use  ifconfig, view  /etc/resolve.conf  and  route on
the client
to see what the client is using.

- Is the client using an IP in the same network as your home network. ?
- Is the nameserver set to your DNS on Clarkconnect ?

>What's even stranger, running "ssh client.bork.org"  from server.bork.org

You really should be using 'static DHCP' leases ...
- use  -dhcp-host option to  assign a static IP to each host
- put each host in the /etc/hosts file on the server  ( not on each client )

Lee Marzke