Adam Zion on 28 Feb 2009 20:09:48 -0800

[PLUG] Detected... and yet not

Guh.

The fun continues. OK, so the external drive works like a charm when
connected to this old box's built-in USB 1.0 port. That's OK, it I
don't mind that a full backup would take 3 days to complete.

I do mind, so I got a USB 2.0 card. I also upgraded the OS from
Mandrake 10.0 to Mandriva 2007 (the most recent CD I had on hand).
Now, when I connect the drive to the USB 1.0 port, it is instantly
recognized- good news. And when I run harddrake2, it lists the USB 2.0
card- more good news. But... wait for it... when I connect the drive
to a port on the USB 2.0 card, no dice.

Thoughts? I'm trying different ports on the card (it has 4), w/o any
luck so far.

Thx,
-Z