JP Vossen on 2 Mar 2009 13:39:58 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Wish list for PLUG talks --> OpenWRT

> Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 15:12:22 -0500
> From: "Brian Vagnoni" <bvagnoni@v-system.net>
> Subject: Re: [PLUG] Wish list for PLUG talks
 >
> I would like to add OpenWRT to that wish list. Though not interested
> in giving the talk I would be willing to help but it together.

I would be interesting in *hearing* that at PLUG N or W, and the sooner
the better.

I have a "WRT54G" and a "WRT54G v.3" (w/ Cisco label) I need to set up.
  Is OpenWRT what everyone recommends?  I plan to put the device on its
own FW segment, with its own subnet, so I don't think I care about
anything but the wireless AP part.  But I don't know anything about the
device or any of the possible firmwares.

Thoughts or recommendations?  (Remember, I'm occupationally paranoid.)

Later,
JP