John Von Essen on 1 Apr 2009 09:36:03 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: spammer's DNS

Spammers dont really use DNS and MX records for day-to-day
operations. If your an internet host listening on port 25, you'll get
spam. They will find you from looking at DNS, or just random IP
botnet checking.

I've turned up public machines with SMTP enabled, with no MX records
in DNS, these machines will start getting spam attempts in a few days.

-John