Alex Launi on 5 Apr 2009 11:30:56 -0700

[PLUG] April 1st Q&A- Ubuntu Mail server

At the most recent PLUG central meeting during Q&A someone had asked about setting up a mail server on Ubuntu using dovecot and postfix. I though this person (sorry, I've forgotten your name) might be interested in some of the upcoming changes in Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty, the server team put a lot of work into the mail stack, and would really appreciate some beta testing. http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/jaunty/beta#Turn-key%20mail%20servers Should be a "just working (TM)" mail stack with using dovecot and postfix. If it "just works (TM)" awesome for you, if it doesn't you'd be helping them out a lot by reporting any bugs, and in turn we'd end up with a "just works (TM)" mail stack. If you decide to give it a shot, let us know what you think, I'm sure a lot of people on the list would love having a mail server that was as simple as some post-inst dpkg scripts.

--
--Alex Launi