Art Alexion on 6 Apr 2009 10:17:42 -0700

[PLUG] Samba changes in Ubuntu Jaunty

Since upgrading Intrepid->Jaunty I can't mount the windows shares.  The fstab
syntax didn't change on my end and the lines are the same I am using on two
other computers.

Did they change the mount.cifs syntax in the change from the previous version
of samba?

Installing samba returns

tdbsam_open: Converting version 0 database to version 4.
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32 failed for field 1 (min password length),
returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32 failed for field 2 (password history),
returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32 failed for field 3 (user must logon to
change password), returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32 failed for field 4 (maximum password
age),returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32 failed for field 5 (minimum password
age),returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32 failed for field 6 (lockout duration),
returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32 failed for field 7 (reset count minutes),
returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32 failed for field 8 (bad lockout attempt),
returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32 failed for field 9 (disconnect time),
returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32 failed for field 10 (refuse machine
password change), returning 0
Importing account for nobody...ok
Importing account for art...ok
 * Starting Samba daemons                                                [ OK
]

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Writing extended state information... Done

Trying to mount the shares returns:

art@splendid:~$ sudo mount -a
[sudo] password for art:
mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)
mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)
mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)
mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)
mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)
art@splendid:~$

Did they implement AD domain by default?  Would changing my jaunty box
password to my AD password help?  Do I need to change the fstab syntax?

Here are a couple of examples of my current syntax:

//sloth/user/Art /mnt/H cifs
file_mode=0775,dir_mode=0775,user=art@RHD.ORG,password=<my_ad_password>,uid=1000,gid=1000,auto,rw,user,guest
0 0

The one above mounts a share that is owned by me, i.e. my AD account.

//sloth/user /mnt/U cifs
file_mode=0775,dir_mode=0775,user=administrator@RHD.ORG,password=<domain_admin_pwd>,uid=1000,gid=1000,auto,rw,user,guest
0 0

This one is supposed to mount with the domain administrator permissions.

Both work on an Intrepid and a Hardy box.  I confirmed that I am user 1000 on
this machine.