Adam Zion on 26 Apr 2009 17:58:24 -0700

[PLUG] Kubuntu 9.04 = no printers?

I ran the upgrade from Kubuntu 8.10 to 9.04, + found that the
connection to my shared printer disappeared. The printer is shared,
via CUPS, from a linux server, and I was able to print to it before
the upgrade, but now, I don't seem to even have a way to connect to
it. The only printer app appears to be the HP toolbox, which doesn't
detect the Minolta printer shared by my server, and I don't see any
printer applet in System Settings either.

I searched for printer apps in Synaptic, but didn't see anything
especially helpful there, either. Any suggestions of where to look?

--
Adam+Zion, MCSE+I, Registered Linux User #471910

Support your local Medical Examiner: die strangely.