JP Vossen on 11 Jun 2009 21:35:42 -0700

[PLUG] Impress-ive

I just noticed openoffice.org-presenter-console in the Ubuntu repos
(both stock and OO.o PPA).  VERY cool!!!  I no longer envy Mac Keynote
users.

* openoffice.org-presenter-console - OpenOffice.org Impress extension
for a separate presenter's console

See also:

* openoffice.org-presentation-minimizer - OpenOffice.org extension for
size-efficient presentations
* openoffice.org-wiki-publisher - OpenOffice.org extension for working
with MediaWiki articles
* openclipart-openoffice.org: Open Clip Art Gallery with OOo index files

openoffice.org-pdfimport seems to be in the stock repos but not the PPA.
  Go figure...

The following is pretty interesting reading:

$ apt-cache search openoffice.org | grep '^openoffice.org' \
   | egrep -v '-help-|-l10n-|-tests' | sort | less

Try something like this to learn what's installed by the meta-package:

$ apt-cache show openoffice.org | grep '^Depends: ' | head -1

I am using the OO.o PPA on one Hardy machine, and it got 3.1.0 recently.
  It's FAST.  And it looks GOOD.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ubuntu      hardy main

Later,
JP