David Coulson on 12 Jul 2009 08:23:07 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Ethernet over Power

Linksys have a 100Mbit-ish product. You pretty much need to be on the
same electrical circuit, otherwise the speed drops significantly. I'm
not sure how well it works in a typical split-phase home if you plug it
into two different 120V hots, but they say it's supposed to work (but
I'd imagine it's slow).

If you want reliable 100Meg Ethernet, run some Cat5.