Eric on 22 Jul 2009 06:11:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Toby's talk(s) on Hadoop and map-reduce: now there is a database-Hadoop hybrid

See:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9131526/Researchers_Databases_still_beat_Google_s_MapReduce

The print version is easier to read:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/print/9131526/Researchers_Databases_still_beat_Google_s_MapReduce?taxonomyName=Databases&taxonomyId=173

and

http://dbmsmusings.blogspot.com/2009/07/announcing-release-of-hadoopdb-longer.html

In this related post, Bradford Stephens discusses one of my favorite
brain-vapors:  enterprise data warehouse:

http://www.roadtofailure.com/2009/07/10/decline-of-the-enterprise-data-warehouse/

Once again, the level of the discussion starts to exceed my pay-grade
but it sure looks interesting!

Eric

--
#  Eric Lucas