Michael Leone on 4 Aug 2009 12:03:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Hosting on compast

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Mike Cahill<mcahill@ducrows.org> wrote:
> Matt,
>
> I know that Comcast does not block ports 80 (http), 22 (ssh/sftp), and 443
> (https) (as I have my own server up and running).  If simple web hosting is
> what you're looking to do (with access to db from the pages) you would be
> fine with having 3306 limited to listening for localhost or other internal
> machines.

I used to SSH into a server at home on Comcast, as well. Also (altho
this doesn't matter to you), they don't block MS Remote Desktop
Protocol  inbound (TCP 3389), which is also used for MS Terminal
Services (which is pretty much just an enhanced version of RD,
anyway).

Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>