Hristo Asenov on 4 Aug 2009 13:52:17 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Just one driver

Hello Gregg,

First you need to figure out if you indeed need to recompile the kernel yourself or need to include the correct driver. Can you figure out the correct name of the driver? Have you tried "rmmod oldDriver" and "modprobe newDriver"? If the driver indeed hasn't been compiled with the kernel, only then would you need to recompile.

 - Hristo

--- On Mon, 8/3/09, Greg Lopp <lopp@pobox.com> wrote:

From: Greg Lopp <lopp@pobox.com>
Subject: [PLUG] Just one driver
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Date: Monday, August 3, 2009, 5:55 PM

I have a new box running Ubuntu 9.04 (jackalope?).
I have a Linksys WUSB100 wireless adapter that says it's ID is 1737:0078.
The driver for this device expects  1737:0071.

I know where in the header files to make my change, I just don't know how, in the Ubuntu
 world, to compile a single driver. (Whole kernel, from kernel.org, sure.  This world of
debian wrappers confuses me.)

Can anyone point me in the right dirrection?

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----