Edmond Rodriguez on 13 Oct 2009 09:44:05 -0700

[PLUG] bash history

I was going to post this, but thought I would pass it to you first.

Have you noticed if a command in bash is preceded by a space, it does not go into the history?

for example type the following:

ls
pwd
 ps      (Note the ps is preceded by a space)
time

Now when hitting the up arrow after entering the you don't get "ps" but pwd.  ps is skipped I guess because of the preceding space.

Probably old news, which is why I am passing it on to you first.

Edmond