Austin Murphy on 22 Oct 2009 12:44:19 -0700

Re: [PLUG] hostname fqdn not working as I'd expect

Hi Eric,

"domainname" is not the DNS domain, it's the NIS domain.  You want
"dnsdomainname" which you probably have already and don't need to
install NIS.

Fixing the /etc/hosts entry to include your FQDN should fix your problem.
10.10.10.2   ursa.lucii.dnsalias.org  ursa

Check out "man hostname".

Austin