John Kreno on 23 Oct 2009 08:20:21 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linus Endorses Windows 7

Hey,

 7th time's a charm

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 9:50 PM, Brian Vagnoni <bvagnoni@v-system.net> wrote:
http://russelljohn.net/journal/2009/10/windows-7-rocks/

You been punked, made you look :-)

******
Microsoft tried to torpedo the success of the Japan Linux Symposium by launching their Windows 7 product that same day. They even had setup a big promotion booth across the street from the conference center.

During a break, we decided to make some fun of Microsoft and dragged Linus over there. When we arrived there, Linus was sold immediately on the product as you can see in the picture. At least that's what the sales guy thought. He obviously had no idea who he was dealing with. But in the end Linus surprisingly did not buy a copy. Wise man!
****

John Kreno

"Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin