Richard Freeman on 23 Oct 2009 12:56:58 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Locking down a Web browser on Ubuntu

bergman@merctech.com wrote:
> 	preventing remote (ssh, rlogin, rsh) logins as "kioskuser"

FYI - a good way to do this (I think) is:

auth		required	pam_listfile.so onerr=fail item=user sense=allow
file=/etc/ssh/ssh_allow.pamlist

Put that in the appropriate pam configuration files (often there is a
generic one for all remote logins - probably depends on your distro).
This method is a whitelist - I believe if you just change the sense you
can turn it into a blacklist instead.

I am by no means a PAM expert and consider it one of the greater
mysteries of my system, but not so great as trying to get kerberos to
work...