John Kreno on 29 Nov 2009 15:44:48 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Comcast DNS (was Fios users)

Not sure when you last used it, but since then the platform has been modernized and is one of the better and newer platforms out there. As a company Comcast is pulling their act together on the ISP side.

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 5:16 PM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
 > Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 02:01:19 -0500
 > From: Sean Collins <sean@seanmcollins.com>
 > Subject: Re: [PLUG] Fios users.

 > I use Comcast and having a caching DNS server locally makes a huge
 > difference.

In my opinion and prior experience, Comcast DNS really sucks.  I never
used it, I used either Speakeasy (when I was a customer) or OpenDNS, but
lots of my neighbors did use it and much of their "Comcast sucks"
complains where just DNS problems.  Maybe that has improved.  But I
doubt it.

Ha, 3.7M hits for http://www.google.com/search?q=comcast+dns+sucks.

Later,
JP
JP Vossen, CISSP            |:::======|      http://bashcookbook.com/
My Account, My Opinions     |=========|      http://www.jpsdomain.org/

John Kreno

"Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin