Casey Bralla on 28 Dec 2009 18:49:23 -0800

[PLUG] VNC to Echo on Remote Desktop

I'm using tightvnc to remotely control a desktop.  This works very well,
accept that the person on the remote desktop does not see anything, since
tightvnc opens a new screen (normally, the desktop is on screen :0, while
tightvncserver opens on screen :1).

I want to remote user to see me moving their mouse and opening menu items,
just like what happens on windows RDP.

I've tried using the KDE desktop sharing, but it seems very buggy and
unreliable.

Anybody know how to make tightvncserver echo on the existing desktop?

--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence
The NerdWorld Organisation