JP Vossen on 11 Jan 2010 12:50:44 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Blast from the past - Handspring Visor

> Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 00:18:58 -0500
> From: Randall A Sindlinger<rsindlin+plug@seas.upenn.edu>
>
> So, I've just inherited an all-but-new Handspring Visor.
> I used one years ago and loved it, but it eventually lost
> its digitizer calibration, and couldn't maintain recalibration.
> I'm pretty sure everything I had for it before is gone.

Ha, I still have two of those.  I still use one every few years for some
books I only have electronically (Almost all of Weber's _Honor
Harrington_ stuff :-) in Mobi format.

I guess I should figure out how to do Mobi on my Mini9.  Hummm, looks like:
	calibre  - e-book converter and library management
	fbreader - e-book reader

I *love* Ubuntu...  Two minutes to find, research, install and start
using no-cost, malware-free, open-source applications to do anything you
want.  (I recently tried to read some x-ray and MRI images in DICOM
format.  Yup, there's an app for that.  Several, actually.  Built-in
(more-or-less).  Have I mentioned I love Ubuntu (and Debian)?)

[...]
> OK.  Now I'll put in some earplugs and sing 80's songs to
> myself while y'all laugh at me :-)

Let's hear it for Big Hair Bands!  For some reason in Winter of 1988 I
spent a lot of time driving in heavy snow listening to _Slipper When
Wet_.  So I still sometimes hear "Livin' on a Prayer" as if from my
Civic's (yes, it was a stick :) tape deck when driving in heavy snow now.

OK, I will stop dating my self now...
JP