JP Vossen on 19 Jan 2010 12:44:59 -0800

Re: [PLUG] dual-pane file managers and terminal

On a related note, the "wishlist" but I created for roxterm has already
seen a response, which is awesome.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/roxterm/+bug/509544

JP Vossen wrote:
 >> I want a dual-pane, tabbed file manager similar to FreeCommander on
 >> Windows

 > You're not gonna like this, but that's the one I use on Win.
 > Also x2.

I'm pretty sure I originally found that one in your blog.  I was using
2xExplorer before, but I like FreeCommander a lot more.  I briefly
considered just trying to use it on Ubuntu in Wine, but I figured for
something that fundamental going native was probably best. :-)

 >> (which is great, BTW).  I found gnome-commander and tuxcmd in

 > tuxcmd is cool.
 > Check out XFE.  Little heavy but flexible.

It wants to install WHAT?!?  Don't think so...

$ sudo aptitude install xfe
   libfox-1.6-0{a} librpm0{a} librpmbuild0{a} librpmio0{a} rpm{a} xfe
0 packages upgraded, 6 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 5,838kB of archives. After unpacking 14.5MB will be used.

 > Have you seen endeavour(2)?

I hadn't.  (FYI http://freshmeat.net/projects/endeavour2/).  Looks nice
but not in the repos...

Later,