Lee Marzke on 22 Jan 2010 11:49:24 -0800

[PLUG] Remotely viewing Windows VNC from Ubuntu

OK,

I can't seem to get a connection for troubleshooting a remote Windows box.

Windows server 2003, with RealVNC server,  or TightVNC server installed.

I've tried using the Ubuntu packages
xtightvncviewer

But all connections are rejected for Auth error.  Even  if I disable
the password required on the VNC server.

With gvncviewer on Ubuntu

The auth is fine, but the remote server immediatly disconnects.

Does anyone have a working configuration ?

I need to eventually tunnel this over ssh to a remote site.

Lee

--

"Between subtle shading and the absence of light lies the nuance of iqlusion..."  - Kryptos

Lee Marzke,  lee@marzke.net   http://marzke.net/lee/
IT Consultant, VMware, VCenter, SAN storage, infrastructure, SW CM
+1 484-961-0369  voice         +1 484-348-2230 fax