JP Vossen on 9 Feb 2010 19:24:10 -0800

[PLUG] Canonical dropping support for LPIA as of 10.04!

Bummer for Mini9/Atom users.  Sure, i386 will also work, but in theory
LPIA would work *better* and last longer on batteries.  No upgrade path
either from LPIA either, clean install only!  :-(

On the other hand, "... Further, on investigation, upgrades to Karmic
are not recommended due to the limited maintenance performed on the
release..."  explains my vast problems upgrading LPIA 9.04 to LPIA 9.10,
as noted previously on this list.

See:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2009-November/000643.html
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/canonical-drops-support-for-lpia-on-ubuntu-10-04.html

Maybe it'll be a good thing, if LPIA support was really that bad (and I
certainly think it was/is bad in Karmic)...

Later,
JP