Art Alexion on 14 Feb 2010 06:51:21 -0800

[PLUG] Read/wirte samba sharing

I am sharing some directories at home on my main machine with other
computers on the home lan.  I am using the kde gui to configure samba.
 I have guest access enabled.  I have write access enabled.  I mount
the share in a mac OS 10.5 box for loading music on my iTouch.  iTunes
won't write.  I used to think this was a mac problem, but now I tried
moving stuff via a win 7 laptop to a HD connected to my TV and that
professes no write access either.

I really want the write access as I want to move (not copy) some of
the files, and I occasionally want to adjust the ID3 tags while on the
mac.

Is the guest access blocking this or is samba 3.4.0 or kcmshell 4.x
broken?  Is there another way I can adjust this?  SWAT?

--
artAlexion
sent unsigned from webmail interface