JP Vossen on 16 Feb 2010 11:45:58 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Unix Rosetta Stone (Was: Re: Equivalent of id for groups)

 > Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 00:20:33 -0500
 > From: bergman@merctech.com
 >
 > Are you (plural) aware of the "Unix Rosetta Stone"? It's a wonderful
 > cross-platform listing of commands and common tasks. For example, it
 > gives the equivalent to "getent" for 16 different OSs.
 >
 > http://bhami.com/rosetta.html

That is the coolest thing ever!  How did I not know about that?!?

I went cross-eyed trying to read it on my Mini9 screen, and even on a
real screen it's tough.  I printed the PDF landscape (letter, it
recommends legal) and I can read it OK--with a microscope.  BUT, it
copies and pastes into OO.o Calc beautifully and with a bit of trivial
formatting, works great!  You can hide columns for OS's you don't care
about (or hate *cough* SCO :), re-order them, etc.  There's a really
annoying "rows/columns to repeat" printing bug in OO.o calc though, see
this for the fix:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/+bug/374708/comments/13

Thanks,
JP