Mike Leone on 26 Mar 2010 11:21:24 -0700

Re: [PLUG] using OpenLDAP with Active Directory

Andrew Tsen had this to say:
> Could be one of the following:
>
> anonymous bind
> port (SSL vs. nonSSL)
> OS related (Win2K vs. Win2K3)
>

> Do you have another DC preferably running Windows 2000?

I do not. I am playing with this at home. Even at work, we don't have
Win2000 DCs anymore.

> I had similar issue with my openLDAP proxy setup and for the life of me,
> I couldn't bind to Windows 2003 server but the same setup works for
> Windows 2000.

I did see somethings that said is it was Win2003 (not R2) to install
Services for Unix. The R2 schema extensions negated the need for that.
So I installed SFU. Still no joy.