Ben Love on 16 Apr 2010 18:54:03 -0700

[PLUG] Key Signing! - PLUG West, Mon, Apr 19, 2010

* Paul L. Snyder wrote on [2010-04-16 17:28:22 -0400]:
> The Philadelphia Area Linux Users Group (PLUG) cordially invites
> you to a PLUG West meeting on Monday, April 19 at FIS in Malvern,
> PA, from 7-9 pm.

We'll also be doing a PGP key signing at this PLUG West meeting.  I'll
be coordinating it (at least, as much as I can).

For this keysigning, we'll be following Manoj's Protocol.  (Or at least,
I will, so if you want to participate with me, you have to do it too!)
You can read about it here:
http://people.debian.org/~jaqque/keysign.html  In particular, you need
to bring:
 - two (2) forms of picture identification, at least one of which issued
   by a government enttity.
 - multiple (x10?) slips of paper with your name, the email address of
   at least one of the UIDs on your key, the fingerprint of your key
   (including each UID) ('gpg --fingerprint 0xKEYID'), a blank for
   secret word, and a blank for secret integer.
 - a sheet of paper (and pen), with blanks for name, email address,
   secret word, and secret integer.

If I remember, I may be able to provide the paper with blanks, but you
really need to have your own fingerprint printed ahead of time.
Handwriting 40 hex digits multiple times becomes a pain very fast.

I'll have at least one copy of the protocol's steps with me at the
meeting in case anyone is confused.

May all your emails be secure,
Ben

--