sean finney on 28 Apr 2010 11:21:31 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Some musings on shell scripts and Linux admin 101

hi mike,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:53:49AM -0400, Mike Leone wrote:
> So for my problem, in addition to the shell scripting example posted, I
> need to take Linux group memberships into account, and make sure every
> account was in the same primary group, so the special FileCollector
> account could come along and delete things when it does it's housekeeping.

or, you could chmod g+s the upload directories, chown them to target
group, and set the umask for the uploaded files in the ftp server.
files will then be created with desired group owner and permissions.

	sean